Wednesday, February 24, 2010

nothing to win and nothing left to lose


Holy fucking balls am I homesick.

Been thinking a lot about my motivation to come here in the first place, and have deduced it's because of my family. Two-foldly: firstly, to make them proud; secondly, to prove that I'm not my father. Turns out, your problems remain the same despite geographical relocation. Bollocks.

I feel I've wasted time and resources on several fronts. It's true that I've learned some, seen sights and absorbed culture. Hell, I even asked a German boy to dance at a traditional Scottish ceilidh.

I've been in a pretty consistent rut and I don't know what the fuck to do about it.

2 comments:

  1. First off, I miss your face. Secondly, buzzkill about being homesick. That's so not fun. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think you've wasted time. And who cares what anyone else thinks about you being in England. Do it for you. I don't think you're your father. You are a pretty awesomesauce person and have done some pretty awesome things in your life and in other people's lives. Heck, if it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't be shouting loud and proud that I am a feminist. And probs wouldn't be in my Women's Studies class right now. So, know that you are awesome cause you are you, and enjoy the amazing experience that is living in another country. We shall have many party-timez upon your return.

    And maybe I'll get around to actually mailing that friggen letter. Sorry I fail at that.

    ReplyDelete